This is the last village of the District of Sitia οn the road to Agios Nikolaos and is 35 km distant from Sitia itself. Lastros is probably a prehistoric name. The Venetians listed it in 1583 as Lastro with 285 inhabitants.
Today, even though it is one of the most beautiful villages of the whole District, it is in danger of being deserted. Α Minoan settlement and a necropolis of the Late Μinoan period have been located in the area, and at Langades two more graves of the same period were found. Finds of the Archaic period also turned up in the Kinigospilios cave. The church of Ayios Georgios in the village is Byzantine, but the frescoes have been whitewashed over and destroyed, and the only remaining thing of interest is the Venetian bell dated 1609.
From the book "Sitia", N.Papadakis, Arcaeologist,1983